Saturday, January 26, 2008

GOD, Religion, Meditation

God is there. No doubt.
We have to go to where we have come from.


then what else? how to live? listening to religious texts? which religion? I was born in a hindu family. But I was brought up in a Muslim locality. My Father was a communist-marxist and found God in poor and offered them his life. Mother was a devotee, knew that there is only one God but went not only to temples of all Hindu Gods and Goddesses possible but also Islam, Christian and other too. She didn't waste any opportunity to go out, meet people and help them.

Now its my turn. I write Hindu in my records, but am I a Hindu? The constitution of India says all other other than members of named religions like Islam, Sikh and Christian, are Hindus. Like me too is Hindu. But the way hindus are known, believers of idols, or followers of Manusmriti, I am not. I have gone to temples in my childhood and I was also told Hindu Puranas. I loved all sacrifice stories and the characters. I have prayed to idols and pictures. In fact Hindu Gods and Goddesses are our brothers, mothers and Gurus. After reading a story Krishna coming with help to a boy who prays to him as brother innocently, I found him as my brother! (This happen to you too with your heros, no!)Lord Muruga is my friend who left his parents quarrelling on an issue and settled on a remote hill top. Many characters help us to build our character and solve our day today decisions. I loved Bahubali, Dhruva and Shiva. Its that. Guide lines. And the symbols became icons of the whole story behind them. Like text, like teachings.

Now? When I begin to live, I had to do work. And Money is the God there! When I see politics, Power is the God. In relationships, Love is the God. For health seekers, Nature is the God. I BELIEVE GOD IS THERE. I have been saved from accidents several times by some 'unknown' reason. I call it God. I don't know whether he(?she? or beyond gender) is the creator but I believed I am a sponsered student of Him. I bow to people who are better than me, and too to God. Yes, God is there, but now for me, the concept is near to Islam, Nirankar. But I don't believe in Quran. To follow it. To believe that is the only truth. Neither to Guru Granth Sahib or Bhagawad Gita. or any text blindly. I take it as guidelines like teachers. I believe it is for us to take decisions today, To live. God has given senses to use it. We will have to move forward with what is existing. Use your brain and body altogether to the world to live. Dream, think of tomorrow, study from the past, but Live in present. That is important. And see, its only human beings who can chose our life(food, cloth, shelter, sex etc). Go for good for your Self. If you are still in a mouldable state of mind, go for good for all too! For this, I recommend to read my post on Ahimsa-Love, down. Make the earth, water and space good even if you don't believe in God, becuase we have to go back to nature once we die. Keep it healthy. Think about it.


Meditation-in confusion
Close your eyes. Listen Your Self. Sit relaxed for some time. Let all the thoughts come, and go. Handle them one by one. Relax. Open your eyes. Take decisions now.

Always leave some space for the untold. Vacuum. For God, or whatever you don't know(till the point you become master of your self, God of your Self.) Remember, even this text has its limitatios. Can you see the white background? Yes, read that too, the
open space!

No comments: